- You will be responsible for the development databaum.ch
- You focus on fast, scalable, maintainable and error-free software
- Collaborate closely with the team
- Develop Machine Learning algorithms for more accurate disease predictions
- Work with modern technologies
- Lead and motivate your team and the overall organization to achieve great things
- Closely collaborate with the Co-founders and perform on your Co-founder duties (steering committee meetings, PR, events, stakeholder management, etc.)
- You will manage a growing community of crop farmers and help them support each other
Location: Luzern / Freiburg / Hamburg / Remote
We are a young agriculture tech (AgTech) start-up with the vision of sustainable farming through intelligence solutions and maximized resource efficiencies. We provide farmers with the information they need to get the most value out of their crops. This reduces waste of water, fertilizer and pesticides and therefore saves our planet. The road is challenging, but also very exciting and rewarding. We are a young, hungry, and international company. Apply now and build the AgTech future with us!
About the position
As a databaum Elixir Developer, you will be in a leading position of developing the leading disease management tool for successful and healthy crop farming in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team.
How can you help us?
What do we expect from you?
- You are an experienced developer that sees himself as a software engineer, not a coder
- Good data science skills
- Degree in Software Engineering or a related field
- Flair for open source software (
- You speak English fluently. An additional European language would be a plus (German, Spanish, French, Italian)
- You are passionate and excited to build and lead a team and contribute to the growth of the organization
- You like people and teamwork. That means you are ready to receive and share constructive feedback. Feedback is essential in our team
- You have the right to work in the EU or Switzerland
What do you need to know?
- Elixir and Phoenix
- SQL (postgresql)
- Test Driven Development
- Good communication skills
- Project management and self organization (priorities!)
- Extremely fast learner (you will learn so much about agriculture, winemaking, crop diseases, etc.)
- Excel (yes, our scientists could use a hand)
- Elixir LiveView
- DevOps tools such as containers, shell scripting, monitoring, log analysis, ...
- IoT Hardware and data transfer (LoraWAN, NBIoT, TTN, ...)
- Design skills and a good eye (you should at least feel that you can improve what you see right now)
What can you get with us?
- Develop with us a product that will truly make the world a better place
- You get the full insight into the start-up business life
- Truly international mindset in our team with the aspiration of building a global product
- As a core team member you will get shares of the company respective to your experience and contribution to the success of the company
- Space for the development of your own ideas and building your own team
Could we excite you for this position? Then we are looking forward to your application (cover letter and CV). Please, send everything to us by email to the following Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your questions about this position will be answered by: Joe Eifert (Co-Founder)