- You will be responsible for the development of our internal plant disease know-how based on primary and secondary data
- Connect with research institutions and scientists to collect the newest insights and data that will be embedded into our software
- Collaborate closely with the software development team to support calibration of the AI algorithm for best in class disease prediction model
- Perform all operational functions of a plant disease manager, including administration, scheduling, inspections, sampling, treatments, inventories, equipment maintenance, record keeping, report writing, and customer relations
- Build and manage your plant disease team that will support our endeavor of building the disease prediction model
- Lead and motivate your team and the overall organization to achieve great things
- Closely collaborate with the Co-founders and perform on your Co-founder duties (steering committee meetings, PR, events, stakeholder management, etc.)
- You will manage a growing community of crop farmers and help them support each other
Co-Founder as Plant Disease Specialist
Location: Luzern/ Hamburg/ Remote
We are a young agriculture tech (AgTech) start-up with the vision of sustainable farming through intelligence solutions and maximized resource efficiencies. We provide farmers with the information they need to get the most value out of their crops. This reduces waste of water, fertilizer and pesticides and therefore saves our planet. The road is challenging, but also very exciting and rewarding. We are a young, hungry, and internationally oriented company. Apply now and build the AgTech future with us!
About the position
As a databaum Co-founder and Plant Disease Specialist, you will be in a leading position of developing disease prediction models in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team. Your role will require from you to acquire and analyze existing diseases data from first- and third-party sources. Ideally, you already have an established network to institutions and research facilities where data can be collected and exchanged. It is crucial that you are a true expert in the area of plant diseases and have the relevant knowledge of identifying and treating them appropriately. Your engagement at the interface to technology will also require your ability to cooperate with developers and understand technology related requirements. Together with your other two Co-founders who have their expertise in technology and commercial areas, you will build and develop databaum as a leading AgTech organization in the market.
How can you help us?
What do we expect from you?
- You are an experienced professional and have a track record in dealing with plant diseases of at least 5 years
- You have already a good network to institutions, research facilities, stakeholders in the area of plant diseases
- Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Management, Environmental Science or a related field
- Understanding of species-specific insect, disease, and cultural tending practices
- You have a good understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) programs
- You speak English fluently. An additional European language would be a plus (German, Spanish, French, Italian)
- You are passionate and excited to build and lead a team and contribute to the growth of the organization
- The introduction and development of new software programs/ tools does not scare you, but excites you
- You like people and teamwork. That means you are ready to receive and share constructive feedback. Feedback is essential in our team
- You have the right to work in the EU or Switzerland
What can you get with us?
- Develop with us a product that will truly make the world a better place
- You get the full insight into the start-up business life
- Truly international mindset in our team with the aspiration of building a global product
- As a Co-Founder you will get shares of the company respective to your experience and contribution to the success of the company
- Space for the development of your own ideas and building your own team
Could we excite you for this position? Then we are looking forward to your application (cover letter and CV). Please, send everything to us by email to the following Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your questions about this position will be answered by: Johannes Eifert (Co-Founder)